Explainer video is one of those video forms that make a good impression from the first moment and evoke positive associations. Recipients are more favorable to animation, because such an advertisement has an interesting graphic design, a story inspired by real life and characters that simply explain the service or product to us. Animated ads are like colorful operating instructions that briefly and clearly guide us through difficult processes. We do not perceive them as overly intrusive advertisements that force us to buy. On the contrary: we appreciate the educational role and credibility of a specific message in them.
So what should an explainer video look like that will not only appeal to the audience, but also make your brand more valuable? Below we will present some key elements that you should pay special attention to when creating an animated video. A good explainer video should:
- be consistent with the information contained in the brief and with the company's marketing strategy - animation, like any other advertisement, is created after briefing the client and taking into account his comments;
- explain a problem in an understandable way, present a solution or instruct customers on the next steps to take in order to use the service or offer - animation is primarily to be a carrier of information and explain what was previously incomprehensible or complicated;
- have a concise, simple message and the so-called call to action, i.e. a call to action;
- have a style, colors and character consistent with the personality of the brand - when your brand targets young people from generation Z, you can afford to present your services more dynamically, design a modern style and a "line" that will perfectly fit into the visual language that accepts young people and is trendy;
- have a story based on which a product or service will be shown - storytelling has been gaining importance in marketing for a long time, it is much easier to understand certain phenomena and processes on a specific example, where there are characters with whom we can identify; many of us act by imitation and observation of others, so we make decisions faster if a character with the same problem explains to us what solution he found;
- be visually attractive to stand out from other brands - the animation is to make the so-called "good first impression", to be remembered; those few seconds in contact with the customer are the most important, which is why interesting graphics, taking into account the key visual of the brand, will strengthen the message;
- have a language and narrative in line with the target group - the animation will look different for insurance policy customers and for pet owners who buy food for their pets; in the second case, we can afford more freedom and humor in presenting the offer.
- include background music or sounds that will enrich the animated images - you should also choose the right lector whose voice will match the presented service/product.
Explainer video is a business animation, so it's worth making sure that our advertising video contains all the above-mentioned elements. Colorful moving pictures can awaken our imagination. However, it should be borne in mind that it has a specific marketing goal, written in the brief. A professional animation studio like Crazy Cat always makes every effort to make it happen.
Are you wondering what animation technique to choose and which will be the best for your product and industry? What criteria should be used when choosing?
Explainer video is one of those video forms that make a good impression from the first moment and evoke positive associations.
Imagine you've decided to allocate your budget to a live-action movie ad.
Are you looking for a way to present your company's offer in an attractive and effective way or to explain how a product works? Or maybe you need to show a lot of intricate information in a short time?
Let's create an unforgettable story together.
Describe your product or service to us, and we will prepare an animation for you that your customers will love.